-
April 13th, 2008, 05:36 PM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
Thoyght about this for a bit- another fellow posts as "older guy", sometimes I get PM's confusing the two of us...
They salle me "Old Guy" at work, which is where it comes from.." Go ask the Old Guy".
Anywho, the lazy guys eventually shortened it to "OG". And of course that removes the confusion of similar nyms...
-
April 13th, 2008, 05:40 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Originally posted by O G:
[QB}the lazy guys eventually shortened it to "OG"...[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I resemble that remark!
"The Dunning-Kruger effect is the phenomenon wherein people who have
little knowledge tend to think that they know more than they do, while
others who have much more knowledge tend to think that they know less"
Izzat the same as 'the more I learn, the less I know'?
-
April 13th, 2008, 05:48 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Essentially in Tech fields, there are specialists and generalists...the Specialist's goal is to learn more and more about less and less, eventually he knows everything about nothing.
The generalist on the other hand, strives to know less and less about more and more, eventually knowing nothing about everything.
Hope that clears things up...
-
April 13th, 2008, 08:09 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Reminds me of the current bank crisis. Here in Switzerland there is a joke about the biggest bank UBS, which has got some bad beating due to excessive speculations on the housing market:
"On the left side there is nothing right about this bank. On the right side there is nothing left..."
Must be an old one anyways.
-
April 14th, 2008, 01:32 AM
#5
Inactive Member
OG works fine for me!
Don't know what it is about this ageing thing but it sure seems the faster I try to go the behinder I get!
I don't even take any jobs where the customer puts a "Dead Line", No sense pushing it!
Gary
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks